Your church is open at last !
From Sunday 14th June 2020
Sunday Worship: 9.30am to about 11.00am // Wednesdays: 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
The Government has allowed, and the Parochial Church Council has agreed, to the opening of church tomorrow from 9.30am for private worship.
The take up may be small but it will be there for anyone who wants to go in.
Visitors should sanitise hands, ensure there are not too many people in church as below, then they can choose a pew for their worship.
Please do not handle prayer books or other materials inside the church to prevent cross-contamination, or, if you must, leave them in the pew you have used.
Afterwards, please put a hassock on the pew to show that the pew has been used. Leave by the east (back) door. This will be signed.
Apparently your sanitised hands will still be effective against contamination on door handles &c. for up to 4 hours after use, but if you are concerned you can use the hand sanitiser at the main door again, obviously respecting distancing in respect of anyone queueing there!
The hand sanitiser has a large capacity hand pump: it is unlikely you will need a full depression for each use.
Of course, there will be certain clear rules for entry advertised at the entrance, as follows:-
- Maintain distancing of 2 metres between housegroups inside and outside the church
- No more than 4 house groups inside the church at any one time
- Use hand sanitiser (inside the porch) before entry. It’s effective for 4 hours
- Enter by the main door and leave by the east door to the left of the altar. This will be signed.
- Use anti-viral spray to clean any surface possibly contaminated. Immediately after, sanitise hands again.
- Put a hassock or kneeler on any pew when you leave to show where you have been sitting
- Do not use any pew with hassock or kneeler on it
- Put waste (tissues &c.) in the bins provided
- Do not touch books or other materials in case they have been touched by others
The church will be open on Sundays and Wednesdays.
Wednesday: 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
Waste will be emptied by those unlocking church after closure of at least 72 hours after being open
The Churchwardens and the PCC